Thursday 22 October 2015

Shibuya (渋谷) Tokyo // Japan

As I wondered down the empty Tokyo street 10 minutes past 2300, I realised something great. I was walking alone at that point, there might have been other people around but none that I knew. I had a great sense of fulfilment and emptiness at the same time; as if I made it full circle and came to the same realisation I've had many times.

That feeling of being so far from home that your home literary becomes where you set your feet; home is somewhere recognisable and comfortable, something you feel and something you acknowledge as belonging to you. 'Home' is being on my feet.

I have also realised, being lost is still the most economic way of adventuring.

Also, I've realised that the red 'pedestrian' button that I was pushing on my first day was actually a button for 'old people' with walking sticks needing a longer time to cross the road. hahaaa, things you learn late.








No comments:

Post a Comment