Wednesday 3 April 2013

Eyes are on London now.


This has been the second day in London and today the weather definitely returned to what I expected. Cloud cover and miserable. Yesterday was so sunny that I started breaking a sweat as I perused through the bricks of Oxford Street. Today had been a mixture of wind and low temperatures that tease the body's warming mechanisms of shiver and shake. I managed to visit the Camden Markets as well as the beautiful views of 'The London Eye'. 

Camden Markets for me; summed up the nature of this cold and windy city, it was full of fashion that has been determined by numerous pop culture attributes and also had a mixture of genuine United Kingdom products which included hand made leather forged into numerous fittings. The markets summed up the nature of the weather as it was freakishly cold, but it was essentially a numbing coldness that swept over the streets. People like me scrambled to find shops that provided shelter from the bitter temperatures outside; fortunately enough I found a nitrogen ice-cream shop to keep me warm.

The gloominess outside somehow sweeps under your warm clothes and attacks your warmth from the inside out. After venturing through the hustle and bustle of the market street, I jumped on the tube and travelled to the London Eye, having fast track tickets meant that there was no need for the 45min line, and there for I pretty much jumped straight on. The view up there was incredible, one thing I have noticed about London, is that there is no need to claim the 'highest, tallest, strangest' arcutecture to win peoples hearts. Being up there on the London Eye gives you a sense that you are on a modern day marvel looking out towards monuments and historic buildings that were constructed many lifetimes ago. Buildings such as the house of parliament and Buckingham palace are among the many mentionable sights, and while you stand up there on the giant wheel, you realise what was forged into the blood of the Britt’s. Hard work, the importance of book production and a decent Royal family leading the people. Australian election this 14th of September.    




I wanted to talk a little bit about photography. I must say that this is defiantly my perspective of the topic and in no way does it describe what photography really means, or by saying that; indicate that this is a true meaning of photography? It has been awhile since I last picked up my SLR, aimed it into the light, and taken perspective photos. Some may discover that photography is a form of expressive art, (depending on your subject). When you take your eye and look through the viewing lens, you try to capture what you see and experience while you are in that particular moment. But happens of your thoughts and feelings, I mean, they influence how you see the world and any given moment. What if you had a life breaking emotion crushing your biological lens? What if you view the world from a different angle, from a different shade? Does this turn up in your photograph. Today I had taken photos of a few different things, they turned out grey, hard to visualize, empty, and points of no subject. 

Tomorrow is my last day in London before heading up to Liverpool, before flying out to Paris and Barcelona. I am looking forward to watching my blog skills grow and hopefully find some interesting and inspiring photos to share. 

Until next time, safe travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment