Saturday 6 April 2013

Jojo left his home in Tucson, Arizona


Liverpool, United Kingdom to Paris, France.

Bonjour everybody, So early this morning I managed to break the sunrise by getting out of bed at 0400hrs and catching the first flight out to Paris. First, let us go back to Liverpool. 

It was also an early morning arriving into Lime Street, Liverpool; with subtle warmth of sunshine awaiting my face. It was not long until the bags were resting on the hotel floor, leaving my restless body to venture out and visit the "Beatles Story" at the Albert Docks. With the Beatles having a special place inside my heart, it was more than a mandatory tourist trip to see the museum that housed dozens of actual artefacts and memorabilia. Seeing the Beatles musical instruments definitely gave me an everlasting experience, it was nice to see and be in the presence of something so great and so personal to members of the group. Items such as John Lennon's iconic round glasses, which were worn by the artist during the making of the 'imagine' documentary, and pieces such as George Harrison's guitar in which he used when they played at the Cavern Club. It is a definite recommendation for any Beatles fan, or anyone that would enjoy reliving music history.
The Beatles Story
Albert Dock, Liverpool


The Beatles Story
Albert Dock, Liverpool

George Harrison's first guitar
The Beatles Story
Albert Dock, Liverpool


John Lennon's glasses, worn during the 'Imagine' documentary
The Beatles Story
Albert Dock, Liverpool


John Lennon's white piano used for 'Imagine'
The Beatles Story
Albert Dock, Liverpool


Liverpool itself was surprisingly such a simple beautiful city, full of life, culture and a hit of a modern age. I'm not quite sure what my expectations were going into the city for the first time, but it definitely caught me off guard. The city itself is relatively small in comparisons to other major cities, however the streets were filled with a very modern energy that weaved through the various groups of people congregating. Liverpool One offering one of the best architectural designed city shopping areas that I have seen. The buildings of old fill the streets; bringing wealth consisted of history to the city, while the new modern style city centre combines flawlessly giving the impression that this city knows where it has been, and knows where its going in the future. 

This now takes us to Paris. After a hard lesson of French and the value of high price Euro; I ventured on to the train system and ventured towards the Eifel Tower, which is where my accommodation is situated. First thing first. Pastry time. I have an un-natural love affair with the art of good pastry, I have heard from numerous sources that the French provide a crazy standard of pastry throughout the streets of Paris, so I decided to take my pastry palate out for a stroll and consume 1 x lemon tart. Let's just say that my mind stepped into another realm in which the lemon tart induced chemicals that my brain was unfamiliar with. Comma by lemon tart. Let's just say, I will try and taste every bit of pastry while I'm here. 

After the lemon tart and a hit of Pizza, it was time to secure time with the piece of art known as the Eifel Tower. Only a few blocks from where I am staying lies the structural tower of Paris; I knew the Eifel Tower was close, so I had my heels follow my toes and powered to the site. What I experienced next was something quite like nothing I have ever experienced. Just a stones through from the nearest train station, I walked around one of the many tall apartment office buildings; and there stood a magnificent, overpowering structure that reached into the sky, untouched and unmatched by any building surrounding it. The Eifel Tower stood there stronger than ever, I had not yet reached the foot of the structure, nor was I at all close to the site. However, when I first laid eyes on the tower itself, I actually had this overwhelming emotion inside that electrified every nerve situated in my body. Feeling so overwhelmed, I had the urge to express this electricity with tears. Weird I know, although in the end I managed to hold back the blood of the eyes, and managed to hold on to some form of my manhood. Don't get me wrong, I have seen many magnificent human art works and architectural masterpieces but I have never experienced anything like what I experienced today at the floor of the Eifel Tower. Truly amazing. 

Also, managed to define the process of logic whilst in the freezing weather; Ice-cream. 

Eiffel Tower
Paris, France

Eiffel Tower
Paris, France



Eiffel Tower
Paris, France



Eiffel Tower
Paris, France


Eiffel Tower
Paris, France


Defining logic with Ice-cream
Eiffel Tower
Paris, France


Eiffel Tower
Paris, France


Eiffel Tower
Paris, France


Paris, France



I have numerous plans to venture back, particularly at night, to witness the night beauty. 

Until next time, safe travels. 




J

No comments:

Post a Comment